All students at the Academy, including those with SEND are actively encouraged to voice their opinions or concerns when the need arises. There are a variety of ways students can do this:
- The first point of contact is the Learning Manger who meets with students daily.
- Year Managers are attached to each year group and are available throughout the day to speak with students.
- Often students will speak directly to their teachers who will escalate concerns to the appropriate member of staff.
- SEND students will have a HLTA/LSA link teacher with whom they can communicate freely at any time.
- SEND students are actively involved in annual reviews and support plan review meetings.
- With regard to safeguarding issues, the whole school procedure will be followed to overcome any issues.
- Additional support is also available from professionals such as counsellors and the Educational Health Needs Team if appropriate.
At various points through the school year, feedback is gathered through reviews, HLTA/LSA link meetings and questionnaires. This helps us to gather feedback on SEND provision as well as whole school initiatives.