The Hermitage Academy is an inclusive school and actively seeks to promote the inclusion of students with SEND. We use our best endeavours to ensure that all students with SEND are able to fully participate in the life of the school, both in their learning and in the wider provision and life of the school. Students with SEND are actively encouraged, supported and given opportunities to become involved with extra-curricular activities.
The Hermitage is committed to challenging negative attitudes and developing a culture of awareness, tolerance and inclusion. In order to achieve these outcomes, The Hermitage:
* Involves SEND students in planning and implementing assemblies and presentations to educate other students
* Provides opportunities for staff development in tackling negative attitudes
* Provides students with opportunities for restorative justice
* Offers collapsed timetable days to raise awareness
* Promotes wellbeing for all
The Hermitage Academy is accessible for students using wheelchairs. We have accessible doors in all corridors, lift access for most stairs and wider access to most classrooms around the school. Additionally, we have changing and hoisting facilities based in our Student Support Centre.